“Powered by REAL Moms, REAL Connection, & REAL Motivation which all defines the WOW Summit.”
It’s hard to believe this coming October 2017 will be my fifth WOW Summit, sponsored by Moms Meet. AND if anyone deserves a weekend getaway to attend this 2-day conference, its us MOMS! Without ‘mom guilt’ or judgement year after year I forego my family, and embark on a most needed journey of like-minded Connections, Laughter, Inspiration, Excitement, Learning and Relaxation.
Oh, and did I mention FREE stuff…….
So what keeps me attending year after year? I can honestly say its the PEOPLE, and the adventure of traveling somewhere exciting! The mom connections I have made throughout the last four years have impacted my life in the most inspirational ways. There are so many amazing moms out there, with the hardest job on the planet, raising little people. AND when I take the time to connect with a mom while in line, waiting for a workshop or meeting them in the hotel, it never ceases to amaze me the journey we are ALL on together of trying to make the best possible choices to raise happy, healthy families.
My connections stretch from East to West coast now!
~If unsure whether this summit is for you, let me share some insider tips as to how to make the most out of your WOW 2017 Summit experience.
First Impressions: I was a little apprehensive at attending my first WOW Summit in Philadelphia, four years ago. Even though I love adventures, meeting new people and traveling to new places I was still uncertain as to what to expect. My thoughts ranged from ‘will anyone talk with me’ ‘will I learn anything new’ to ‘what will be expected of me.’ Seemingly silly those were real feelings I felt my first encounter at the cocktail party provided by Zevia Friday night. As I sat there engaged in a lovely conversation with a new mom friend, the entire Moms Meet Staff had frequented our table introducing themselves, asking questions about who we were, answering any lingering questions we had, and putting our minds at ease. I can’t tell after that first night how EXCITED I was to attend the next two days.
Fast forward four years later, and I now come expecting great things from each summit I attend. The staff, vendors, exhibit hall, sponsors, speakers, workshops, special evening events and GOODY BAGS is why this conference is set apart from all the rest.
- Give Yourself Permission to Just Be– find your quiet space before, during, or after the summit to recharge, relax, rejuvenate and REST. If possible fly in a day before the conference and leave a day after it ends, this takes the ‘rush’ out of having to be somewhere, and therefore your mind will feel more engaged at where you are.
- Walk With Confidence– for some its easy to start a conversation with someone new, and for others it is not. I respect those that need a little more time to find the connecting point in a conversation, and always work towards the commonalities. Besides, we are ALL moms and that connects us right from the start!
- Engage Your Mind– be open to learning all that you can, look for ways to be inspired, find some fresh new ideas to try, and get excited when someone is inspired by you. I have been on this mom journey for 10 years now, and still feel as if there is more knowledge to acquire. Some days my parenting feels as if I know not of what I am doing!
- Talk With Vendors– after all this is why they came, so you can learn what their product is all about, and come to know their brand. Don’t be afraid to ask poignant questions or why they made the product the way they did. Knowledge is power, and when you learn something amazing talk about it with other moms.
- Attend the Workshops– these workshops are for learning new ideas, tips, tricks, and what makes a brand special. This is also a time to ask questions from the brand representative, and get answers from other moms who may have used the product.
- Listen to the Keynote Speakers– these speakers bring encouraging words, to us as moms, as we work hard during the year managing our families. They make us laugh, cry, reflect, inspire, and empower us to make the change needed to become a better person. Each speaker is carefully selected by Moms Meet, and is easily connected to outside of the summit through social media.
- Connect With One Mom Outside of the Summit– social media is a great place to find and give support. For myself, I have obtained lots of encouragement from other moms when I was in the beginning stages of starting my blog Simply__Passionate. I have also been able to encourage others throughout the year.
- Don’t Forget Your Goody Bag– this by far is the most anticipated bag every year. I leave the summit feeling so overwhelmed, in a good way, with lots of products to try, share, sample and give away. It’s the ONE present that I get to open and linger over without my kids trying to help me!
My Goody Bag From 2016….
Click Here to Register For the WOW’17 Summit
Whether this is your first summit or your fifth, either way, you will have 2-days for your own personal growth. Try REALLY hard to leave the kids behind, because when you do your ‘inner woman’ may surface, and you might just be surprised that she has been dormant for far too long!
Come expecting the summit to be filled with candidness, love and laughter replacing the sense of ‘CRAZINESS’ we ALL feel or have felt as moms!
See You At the WOW’17 Summit!